A couple of weeks ago I setup a 301 redirect for ukgoogleconsultant.co.uk (an old domain I used ages ago), redirecting this to a new Google consultant webpage on the seoptimise.com domain instead.
Two weeks later here are the results:
- Old domain homepage still indexed, internal pages have disappeared though.
- New webpage also indexed.
- The old domain is still ranking in Yahoo at #5. Yahoo! seems to take ages redirecting pages, the current #1 result for this search is a Wikipedia entry for Google consultant which was redirected to their search engine optimization page around 6 months ago!
- New page indexed
- Old domain has 2 remaining webpages indexed, one of them the homepage.
- New version is the one appearing for live.com searches, which is still at #1.
So far I haven’t seen any other ranking increases throughout the seoptimise.com domain as a result of the redirect, but to be honest I wouldn’t have really expected this to have a noticeable effect anyway.