If you are anywhere near as busy as we were in the SEOptimise office during May, it can be difficult to keep up with all the great blog posts that were published. I thought I’d ask the office to see the ones which they thought were worth a read. So, in no particular order, here is our top 6 posts from around the web…
- 5 Excel Skills Every Marketer Should Know by Annie Cushing – Ever wondered what Excel skills are most important for marketers to learn? Annie shares her ultimate list.
- Getting Started With Structured Data by Justin Boyan, Google Product Manager – Structured data is likely going to be one of the big things in the future of search, and Google has tried to make it easier by introducing some tools. Read about them on the Webmaster Central Blog.
- Reduce Bounce Rate: 20 Things to Consider by Nick Eubanks – Bounce rates are always an interesting subject – it’s hard to actually know when they are ‘good’ or ‘bad’. If you want to reduce them, this is a handy list of 20 considerations for doing just that.
- How to get Value and Great Prospects Fast from Blogger LinkUp by Daniel Callis – A nice how-to about how to make the most of Blogger Linkup.
- You Can’t Reverse Engineer The Google Algorithm by Ryan Jones – Ryan looks at why you can’t reverse engineer the Google algorithm.
- Pinsent Masons wins trademark dispute for Interflora against M&S by Katy Dowell – This one has rumbled on for a while, but Interflora finally won their trademark dispute with M&S. Read about it here!
It has also been a busy month on our blog, with May achieving the highest traffic figures of the year so far. So in case you missed any of them, here are our 5 most popular posts of the month…
- 8 Great Tools to use with Google Analytics by Daniel Bianchini – Our most visited and shared post of the month! Dan shares some great tools to use with GA.
- The ultimate content audit checklist by Rachel McCombie – Ever wondered how to do a content audit? Rachel shares some top tips.
- Using Excel to Help Move to Enhanced Campaigns by Tamsin Mehew – This was our top PPC post of the month! With forced switchover to Enhanced Campaigns coming in the near future, Tamsin shares her method of using Excel to help move you campaigns over early.
- 217 Takeaways from the SEO, Search and Social Track – SMX London 2013 by Daniel Bianchini – If you didn’t make SMX London, read the top tips from the Search and Social track.
- Plugging the link leaks, part 2 – site canonicalisation by Charlie Williams – This is the second post from Charlie in his series about plugging link leaks.
Did we miss any great posts? We’d love to hear your suggestions, so please add them to the comments below.